Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Some manafacturer's show a different hydraulic flat tappet lifter for hemis than wedge and some show the same part #.Some show a different lifter for pre 67 wedge engines and show that as the same lifter for hemis(the pre 67 wedge part #).?

1967 was a transition year for Mopar motors on lifter pushrod cup sizes, 1966, and probally some early 1967 motors, had 1/4 inch ball cups, 1967 and later switched to 5/16 ball. In 1969 when the 440 6 paks motors came out Mopar had those cams ground on a low taper angle with matching hydraulic lifters,they also had the cams ground on 3 bolt cores and used the street Hemi double roller timing sets In 1970 when Mopar switched the 426 Street Hemis to hydraulic camshafts they evidentily used those lifters in them also IHTHs

It doesn't make any difference but for the record there were no 3 bolt cams or double roller timing chains in the 69 A12 440-6 cars. The 6 Pak's came with the same nylon timing gear as all other 440's.

I would bet money that they did come with the three bolt cam cores and the low taper lifters, I know one or two,(I didn't see in the other guys motor when he change his cam to a blueprinted cheater cam, but the new one was a three bolt and he said he reused the stock timing set and chain do to its low use when he started racing it ) SO CA racer that bought thier cars new and they came with the three bolt cam and timing set from Ma Mopar. Hotrod or Car Craft did a feature on the six pak cars in mid to late 1969 and they quoted the same details on the motors then I bought a 1970 V code Charger used, it had a warrenty block in it with a single bolt cam and timing set with the big rods and external balancer, the dealer reused the same clutch and flywheel that came in the car when replacing the motor. Lots of things occurred in production that shouldn't have or wasn't documented at that time until later, many mistakes(like a 350 HP motor being installed in a R/T or Magnum HP car )in cars went out the door undetected

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)