My son recently bought a 99 2500 with the Cummins, auto (a 47RE, I believe that was recently rebuilt). The PO said whatever engages the front axle quit working, so he installed one of those hand throttle cables that screws out (like on the pump panel of a fire truck, that you turn out to throttle up the motor). Naturally since we've gotten a load of snow over the last couple days it's not engaging again. I crawled part way under it, you can see where it ties into the front axle with what looks like a factory cable and what looks like a vent line running up to the frame? We're going to try to dig into it tomorrow after work, I thought originally it was some sort of vacuum that pulled it in? I see there are kits to rebuild the pump and what looks like an actuator, we'd like to get it back to stock (and working!) but I'm wondering where it is mounted, if anyone had any experience?
And is thee a way to adjust the linkage to the transfer case? It is a real pain to get in, and if you don't get it just right it will pop back out.
Any suggestions or links appreciated!
Al