I have a 440 charger that someone asked me to set the valves on it has a hyd cam and adjustable 1.5 alloy rockers. I warmed up the engine with the valve covers off seemed to be noisy and no oil up top as it warmed there was oil so I put the covers back on and warmed it up good. Pulled the covers and went about adjusting the valves as I would for a solid lifter cam. Went with o lash and added a 1/2 turn on the adjuster .( Engine not running using the old mopar performance solid lifter chart turning the motor over 180 etc.)

All seemed to be going well until I got about 1/2 way through the sequence and an intake lifter collapsed. I kept going and the next few collapsed too..DOH!

This doesn't seem right to me any ideas. I'm going to go at it again today and pick up where I left off after warming it up again and hoping for the best!

Sandy in Nova Scotia formerly drdodge340
68 coronet wagon, 68 formula s 340 fb barracuda-69 super bee-72 aussie charger-72 aussie vh dodge ute
-76 feather duster-76 duster-77 street van
- 98 ram 1500 SS/T-99 ram 1500-13 ram red express truck- 2015 hellcat challenger