I always wanted to have a mopar muscle but V8 cars are rare where i live and I can't afford buying one.
So my plan was to get beat up van with great potential V8, make it fast and put that drivetrain into something better looking.

I started with that

Dodge B250 318 V8 TBI, chrysler 8,25 axle with 3,55 gears, A500 automatic transmission with OD and lock-up.
factory roller with 302 heads

I removed air pump, egr, AC and other crap. Installed electric fans.

I couldn't stand appearance of that engine so I painted upper half

Hedman hedders 3",
used edelbrock 2176 intake manifold

stock TBI intake

Under manifold I found egg sized lumps of carbon

stock ports

little gasket matching

home made adapter to retain stock injection

result: a lot more torque in low-mid range, TBI still sucks. 0-60 in a few seconds less.

next step was carb swap

video

later i regretted purchase of that carb and distributor. Edelbroke had internal vacuum leak , cheap ebay distributor had weak solder and it lost spark when it was hot. test with borrowed carb

While I was waiting for new holley carb and pertronix distributor I painted the rest of ugly things and changed tires.

also removed unnecessary wiring

it took me some time to learn how to tune holley but it was worth it. after recurving distributor i was realy satisfied with its performance and throttle response. After carb swap the difference is huge.

0-60 video

now I don't care that it looks ugly. Instead of looking for another body i want to make it faster and spend money on drivetrain.
Most probably my next step will be converter, camshaft, porting those 302 heads + bigger valves and shift kit