Some more info is needed but the short answer as far as performance goes is yes IF the 452's are stock and the 906's are as advertised and ported PROPERLY.

As far as compression goes you would need to know what the chamber volume is on the 906 compared to the 452. Stock 452 IIRC are 88cc advertised which was in reality on average in the 90's given mfg tolerances of the day. Stock 906 will be basically the same.

Now comes the rub if you will.

Iron open chamber heads and over 9:1 compression can sometimes get you into issues with pump gas. Then you have the fact that these heads are over 40 yrs old and depending on how massaged they are will be prone to cracking. For those 2 reasons alone I wouldn't go there unless they were like the price of a basic valve job on the ones I had ie $2-300ish.

The Edelbrocks with 84cc closed chambers will give you a bump in compression (.75?), will likely flow as well or better out of the box as the massaged 906's and might be able to do it on 87 regular or mid grade at worst. Not knowing the rest of your combo I would guess you could be bolting on as much as 50-60 HP with no other changes. JMHO

Kevin