Made the 500 mile drive this past weekend to Boise for their 20th anniversary Halloween classic. A very fun race that everyone should attend either here or at Norwalk. The Bader and New families both put on quite the show for the racers and fans. From costume contests, trick or treating for the kids and even wheel stand contests, there is something for everyone.

Boise is at altitude, so my car runs about .30 slower there than at home, but I made a few changes and the car perfomed great all weekend. I also elected to footbrake the car up there as the transbrake has been giving me some fits, and the radial tires dont particularly care for it.

The gamblers races Thursday and Friday were tough on me. I was putting up good runs but couldn't seem to make it out of second round. The main event is a multiple day race, usually 1-2 rounds on Saturday and Sunday the remaining racers duke it out for the win. I was driving well, and hitting the tree like I needed to. It took 32+ hours and 8 rounds later I found myself in the winners circle! This is actually my second time getting it done at this race, I won sportsman in 2009 there and narrowly missed a repeat last year when I runner upped in the final. Considering the level of competition at this event, I'm very fortunate.

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has helped me out this year. My brother, Chris Johnston, and countless other friends who helped me after nearly destroying the car. These same friends stayed up all night with Zero sleep to help me rebuild my tranny to make another race. I certainly wouldn't have had the success I have without them.

Thanks to AJ Casini for building me a mean E85 carb. I've done nothing but change the jets for weather this year and the car repeats great. Makes my job behind the wheel a lot easier.

Lastly, Thanks to Rod Bloomer @ BPE for making some good parts that hold up, and providing amazing customer service as well. I've got over 200 runs this season on my 4.125" crank and the motor runs great.

Last edited by Triple Threat; 10/14/13 02:27 PM.

-Dustin
67 Dart, 9 second, 392" G3 Hemi
68 Barracuda 340 F/SA