Quote:

Can someone explain the differences between 2-series and 3-series gears ?

Hope I won't run into any problems putting a spool and 4.56 gear !

Dana 60 never came with a two sereis gear, only down to 3:54.The Dana 61 came with 3.30 gears. The two most common Dana 60 carriers and spools are three series or four sereis, the three sereis works on 3:54 to 4:10 stock Dana brand gears and on the U.S.(Strange house brand also)4:30 ratio. The four sereis works on 4:56 and above on most Dana gears and most after market gear sets, not all though When it comes time for you to buy a spool and gears make sure they are matched (same manufacturer if possible or same vendor )and intended to be ran with each other I just went through the hassle of trying to find out what U.S. Gears, 4:30 ratio, fit on which sereis 40 spline spool U.S Gear reps didn't know, U.S. Engr. didn't know They said to call Strange, Strange had already told me to call U.S. Gears I ended up calling a guy in Montana that use to own a rear end shop(J&S) in SO CA years ago and he said that the U.S. 4:30 gear sets will only fit the 4 sereis 40 spline Moser spools I bought a new one(40 spline steel spool) but I haven't swapped the 5:13 and Mark Willaims aluminum five seresi spool out of my new race car yet for the 4:30 and new steel spool, so I'm hoping he's correct IHTHs

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)