Hello all, long-time board reader, just joined.

I have a unique situation, and YES, I have read the archives. Currently, I'm working on a 69 Chrysler 300 Convertible w/ K-code 440 that is 95% restored. I don't believe I have the trailer tow package/3.23 gear. My AVS carb (which worked flawlessly FOREVER) finally dried up after sitting for several years while I was away.

I want to rebuild the carb. It always worked so well, I'm afraid to change. What is a good replacement intake? I want something aluminum. It HAS to fit under the hood (no hi-rise). I would also like to do as little "fiddling" as possible with fuel lines and linkage. Right now, I've got the stock cast 440 intake of '69. Keep in mind, unlike most of your A/B-body guys, I'm looking for kick-you-in-the back, STREET TORQUE. This is a cruise-in car, NO track duty.

I know I'll probably get as many opinions as responses! Most of my local Mopar friends are track/HP freaks, and they recommend "go-fast" 1/4 mile parts, which I know won't work on my car. They can't understand why I want to mess with these worthless C-bodies.

On hand, I have a Streetmaster 440. I also have a '75 truck TQ carburetor, also needing rebuilt, but I really LIKE my AVS. I also realize the TQ/Streetmaster combo is not exactly period correct.

Eventually, when the time comes, I plan to upgrade the car to TNT specs, with a Hughes cam and an Offy low-rise dual-quad. I already have a pair of matched AVS carbs setup for such an animal, but that will be something I won't do for many years down the road. Depending on how much I like the single-carb setup, though, I may just unload the dual AVS carbs and keep what I have.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ex-Ford guy, but Mopars nowadays