I am making a parts list now for my block accessories. Long block is complete, oil pump and pan installed. timing cover installed. I was looking at water pumps and casings until I saw some of the electric pumps out there.

I found a Craig Davies EWP115 (#8025) and it's only 2lbs, and it fits right inline with the lower radiator hose. It's capable of flowing 30gal/min constant and can be controlled by a thermo switch (can also be controlled by a fancier digital controller but it's very expensive and not necessary for me.) I have heard a lot of good reviews about the company and their products. It's light, its about $240 with free shipping, and that's not much more than a good mechanical pump and case.

With the weight savings and 1 less pulley for the motor to run, plus the fact it fits inline with the lower radiator hose and can flow at max even at idle, Im not seeing any reason to buy a mechanical pump.

Is there anything Im not taking into consideration here? I can fab my own water manifold to connect the ports at the front of the block, so that wont be a problem.