Quote:

Quote:

Drill and tapped through carb stud holes is not uncommon. If you are worried about it, just put a little RTV on the stud before you put it in.

The Performer and the DP4B are good choices at your power level. What issue did you have with the Performer?

The Performer I bought 15 years ago and had it on for about 7 or 8 years. I still have it believe it or not. I didn't like that it was setup for a spreadbore and not squarebore carb. The throttle bracket hold down seemed like it was off a little as the cable holddown was too far back when clamped. Also the front hole that holds the return spring bracket was too close to the port outside casting. Extension always rubbed up against it when torqueing down and left a rub mark. But I do like that all carb mounting holes and are on the same plane as the opening in the intake. I do not like how some of the factory intakes as well as a few mopar intakes have three bosses for carb hold downs on separate plane. Also I didn't like the two pipe plugs screwed into the casting under the throttle. What's the reason for that as well as the goofy looking choke opening? Thanks Dave

These are the things that go along with after market high performance parts. If you find these minor items to your disliking, you really don't want to try anything else, as the Performer is probably the closest thing to direct replacement. The DP4B wont have the EGR plugs, but is basically the same intake as the Performer performance wise.