Quote:

i bought a brand new hurst pro-matic for 200$.. biggest piece of crap I have ever bought with the hurst name on it.

I took a beating around here on this board by all the others say it was just my dunb azz not adjusting it right...installed it wrong..I should not blame the shifter I should blame myself for not adjusting it right...

well, the cable from day one before it ever was fired up,(some saying the shifter will act as a ground and ruin the cable which I know is trure) has a 1/4" slop back and forth with out ever moving the lever on the shifter. I can move it by hand unhooked from shifter that much before the trans lever ever moves.

never have got that thing adjusted right, I can either get it to up shift correct and NOT down shaft correct or get it to down shift correct but not up shift correct.

have to double shift it most time to get it in gear,handle pulls daown past the detents in gate like it is a for a 4 speed auto which it is not...maybe CAN be used for one I dont know.

it does have a nice long handle as it is for the dodge trucks.

tried a used cable same thing, tried a new cable same thing...

I am going back to colum shift and adding a 5 speed in the other truck.

hurst shifters not me.

IMHO, dont get the hurst pro-matic truck shifter.

another memeber here got his the same time with same troubles so it is not just my dumb azz not adjusting it correctly.

Yes what Mike said; tried adjusting it and you have to slam it into gear and then softly move it a bit to the next gear for it to operate correctly. The geometry is wrong on the supplied 727 lever; I need to get off my a## and complain to Hurst as all of the products I have used in the past have been great> Pass on the pro matic my friend.