Quote:

Quote:

When starting a flooded engine always hold the gas pedal to the floor to unload the flooded condition.

Really?

And as for the timing chain... how would I determine that without taking the timing chain off?

My biggest concern thus far is that it isn't getting spark... at all. Which confuses me.

I'm gonna try to mess with the carb and the test light tomorrow when I get a chance.

Yes, that is really how to start a flooded engine. Hold the pedal to the floor allowing more air in and no fuel vacume signal. DO not pump the pedal just push to the floor and hold it while spinning theengine over. I would definitly check the oil and check it for fuel dilution. Gas in oil makes for poor lubrication. I would also put in a new set of plugs. Gas fouling is not easy to clean off. Better off with a new set. Make sure that teh carb isn't flooding over while you are cranking the engine over making things worse than they already are. I really don't suspect the timing chain but anything is possible. Make sure that the choke is completely open when starting a flooded engine..

Clean it, if it's Dirty. Oil it, if it Squeaks. But: Don't fix it, if it Works!