The reason I say its fuel boiling again is it did the same thing last summer. When I got the air cleaner off the fuel was boiling out the bowl vents. The only way the eng would run was to keep the pedal on the floor since it was flooding and pouring gas in the eng. My buddies 65 Coronet did the same thing last year at Carlisle and I had to convince his son to keep the gas pedal at least halfway down to keep it running until we could get more air flowing. Mine did this today as I had to keep the pedal on the floor to keep it running at first as it was pouring the gas out the bowl vents. Once I got it moving and put ice in the cool can it was fine and the car never ran over 185 today. Not being smart but this is not my first time around the block with this and vapor lock problems. What happened was as I was cruising when I was on a downhill off the gas is when the eng died. I know enough to know when an eng is flooded as it was. You can see in this older pic of my old eng how the fuel line comes up on the fenderwell as its nowhere near the eng and I ran it that way to help avoid vapor lock which is also why I will only run an electric pump. But it was not vapor lock as it had plenty of gas. Way to much gas in fact. Its not an ignigntion problem as when it first happened last year it had plenty of spark as it did today. Its not the biggest worry in the world as I could have worse problems. But the next time I go out on a nice cruise I will put an ice pack in the cool can and see how it goes. I have heard the pump fuel will be getting even worse for our carburated muscle cars. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 07/29/13 06:38 PM.