Doug that picture is just sick!

Randy, if you think they look sick ... you should smell them!

Thanks for the nice words on my work, I'm really happy you like the finished product.

I've got about 300 cores (only about 50 wood grain wheels though and mostly for E-body's)

The worst smelling one was a 1932 Rolls Royce wheel. I think it was made from Soy Bean plastic similar to the stuff Henry Ford came up with. Oh My Gawd!! It was tuff too. I had to cut grooves in it with a dremel cutting wheel and then grab hold with pliers and keep bending till it broke off. I had to remove all the plastic because the spokes are made of aluminum and they were quite corroded and had white powder all over them from 70+ years of moisture.

A full face mask was required as the schrapnel had the stored up energy of a superball and sounded like small arms fire when it snapped! I'm sure my ear will heal any day now.

Here's a picture of the back of the hub after it was completed. That's over 100 coats of acrylic urethane sprayed (with an airbrush) over 2 days. It was the only way to build up the rim and spokes to the original thickness. That's almost 3/32" thick! The finger grips and other details were molded right into the steel rim and aluminum spokes so it was just a matter of laying down coat after coat after coat of paint.

Doug Lepak
The Steering Wheel Guy
web site: http://drive.to/stwheels
Specializing in Mopar wood grain steering wheels

Doug Lepak