GregZ it take 2-4 tons to press in the outer steel sleeve, nothing more. How much does it take to press out the rubber? Considerably less.

Its the strength of the BOND between the rubber and its shell/sleeve, which is the ultimate AXIAL strength of the rubber bushing. Which, AGAIN, for rubber that amount of force isn't much.

I guess your 'tell all' test might make sense if your Bo and Luke Duke and during a jump Rosco's reaches up under the General Lee and prys on the bushing. While you drive, how often are your front wheels off the ground? What situation is prying on the bushing with the wheels up recreating? How will the bushing ever move without being pried on? I suspect the whole arm isn't moving just half.

I will concur that its possible to squeeze the two halfs of the arm together. With the amount of force on the arm while driving, the strength of a bit of bonded rubber won't do squat. For this very reason, AR engineering make plates to weld the two halfs solidly together as one piece. Do you think Andy would develope, manufacture and market this peice if a pressed in rubbber bushing accomplishes the same thing?

Dave

1972 Swinger 3.6L Pentastar
Diablo CMR tuner