I have an 85 Crew cab that has a 93 Dodge Cummins drive train installed in it. The person that did the conversion used everything off the 93, dash, wiring, heat/a/c, radiator, condensor....overall they did a pretty nice job with the coversion. When I got it the a/c had R134a in it and it worked poorly. I charged it and it worked ok, but the back seat passengers were uncomfortable. My future plans include tinting the back and side windows to help keep the cab cooler, and getting new seals for all the windows.

How does the a/c work in 84-85 crew cabs that are unmolested with r12? Great, or mearly ok? I replaced the fan with a new motor and cleaned the cores and the air flow is still marginal from the ducts. Did the crew cabs have different stuff then a 93 standard/extended cab? I'm thinking of calling Vintage air, or even just putting a larger condensor in from an Excursion or van, and trying to put a rear unit under the seat for the passengers in the back......has anyone here done anything? 90+ degree summers with 90%+ humididty, 3 kids and a wife, and it needs to be cool in the cab.

Michael

93 W250 CTD getrag, Bosch 185 injectors, AFE air filter. Trailer puller, daily driver,

90 W250 CTD 727 with smokin 5" stacks. Off road truck

75 Dodge W200 440 4spd 4x4 locked front and rear, twin disc clutch, E85. Pulling truck