Quote:

Never had an issue w/ any MP Orange box ever. I also have not noticed a difference in performace when switching over to MSD. You must sand the paint off the back and ground it well. Keep it away (like any other ECM) from heat and moister and you will be fine. If your car is surging I suggest you look at your carb. In general the ECM boxes either work or don't.

I'm sure their are older orange boxes out there that preform as they should.
But that was before the manufacturing sector moved all of the electronic work out of the country in the early 80's.
That being said I just figured he had a newer box.
Im curious, you saw you don't see a difference between using an Orange box and an MSD Ignition? How about the retard in the timing around 4000RPM?

I have had the same as Mr Yuck as my orange boxes have worked fine. In fact I still have an orange box on my 63 right now running 10's. But I bought mine around 2000 as I do hear alot of guys say the newer orange boxes are junk and will pull timing at higher rpms. All I can say is the orange box I bought in 2000 works great for me. And when we took the orange box off my boys Dart and put MSD on it the car ran no better or faster as it ran the same. Ron