Quote:

Quote:

We have an Actron scanner and its nice that it tells you what the code is instead of having to hunt it down , 0304 , ($10 ???) , cylinder 4 misfire. It happened the night before she went on vacation last week, she just got back last night, I didn't bother to drive it. I told her to have her husband change the plugs since it has 130k and she does not know when, or if, the plugs have been changed, if it stays on to change the coil pack.

thanks ...

Huh, learned something new. Never heard of that trick before even with training. '04 is different architecture from 2000.

Anyway, before you throw parts at it, swap the coil from #4 to #2 and see if the misfire moves. (That is if its C.O.P.) Coils go bad, I used to replace them regularly. Lucky its #4, PITA to reach behind for the odd cylinders. If it stays on #4, you might have a more involved problem.

What is it a 3.5/4.0?

Tell her to dump that P.O.S. soon.

the back plugs are the easy ones to get , just replaced them , it's the front plugs UNDER the manifold that I have to do still

Moved the coil but it hasn't happened again , plugs were almost twice the gap they should have been ...