That cam is fairly decent sized, with 60 degrees of overlap. 80 degrees is a pretty aggressive cam that would be typical of your basic 500 horsepower 440, and something around 35 degrees of overlap is something like a stock 350 hp 440 (not sure what the overlap specs on those are off the top of my head, but think Imperial smooth idle), just to put things in comparison. So you're right in the middle.

I'd probably run a double pumper on that if it were my car and it had headers and a decent intake and some gear, but expect a little bit of a stinkier idle, but I'm always more concerned about performance. DPs will always idle on the stinkier side of things though. MOST people would probably be happier with a vacuum secondary job on something like that though. More timing will help clean it up if that's what you're after. What are you currently running for initial timing and total mechanical timing (without vacuum advance)?

I'd take a guess that your setup would like 18-22 degrees of initial timing best.

Last edited by GTX MATT; 06/12/13 08:01 PM.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street