Newbie to drag racing. Finally took the challenger out to the drag strip. It was the cars first time and my first time going down the 1/4 mile, and now I really want to do it again! haha. Anyways I have a 5 speed tko 600 and had a lot of trouble with the 2-3 shift. Only got to make 3 passes and missed 3rd 2 time's when I tried to power shift it. Finally I gave up and shifted "normal" just let of throttle when I shifted and finally made it thru all the gears. Any tips on shifting this thing? I'm sure I will get better but I really don't like missing a gear and would really like to hit all the gears when I go back.
Also curious what you think about my time. Keep in mind this is a street car on street tires. My best time was 13.03 @ 111.33 with a 2.067 60'. Was really hoping for a 12 second pass but didn't happen. I know with only 3 passes and me being a virgin it's hard to determine what I need to do, but any tips? What should I expect for 60' time? The car ran really good didn't have any issues with that and was pleased overall for my first time.
Car
Challenger stock weight, stock suspension
500 cubic inches chassis dyno 450hp 530tq
3.91 gears
275 60 radials