Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That needs cleaning up?!?

That is a sharp looking car.

Nothing wrong with a 318 in these old bodies, they can be made to run pretty hard on the street. Gene

GENE WE PICKED UP THE COUPE FROM A GUY THAT TRIED TO DO SOME UP GRADES LIKE 5 YEARS AGO AND COULDNT REALLY DO ANY OF THE WORK HIM SELF,,, CAR HAS BEEN SITTIGN IN A GARAGE IN FRONT OF OPEN WINDOWS AND IS JUST DIRTY AND HAS SOME SURFACE RUST ON SOME OF THE CHROME,,, IT WILL CLEAN UP NICELY,,,STILL HAS ORIGINAL 1940 SUSPENSION STEERING AND BRAKES,,, BUT SUPER SOLID AND CLEAN UNDERNIETH NEVER ANY RUST

Well then, I would have to do a disc brake conversion and master cylinder upgrade, move the front upper shock mount to the frame, to bring the stock suspension and brakes up to modern standards, and drive it. There are a lot of disc brake conversions out there, some of the more recent are adapting rotors from a late model Jeep and keeping the original spindles & hubs, then adding the brackets to hold the calipers. Lots of good info over on the HAMB board. Gene

shocks already done, i didnt think to look on the hamb,but have u ever heard of the P14/D24 site? a guy over there got some explorer parts out of the junk yard for trial fit, rotors fit the 40s mopar hub, one guy had to d o a little sanding of the hub but no big deal and made a caliper bracket, said he used ford calipers,i guess ford explorer calipers must mount like a GM,, i didnt think about using a jeep rotor,,what kind of caliper do they use do u know?

1966 barracuda prostreeter super charged 340(SOLD)
1940 dodge coupe 241 hemi street rod
2014 ram express hemi 4x4 dailey driver
2015 cherokee
2013 R/T classic