Quote:

I have simple green in mine and to be honest it takes a long time to cut things. I always seem to
take the parts out and blast them with brake or carb cleaner. Maybe I am not patient enough.....

I hate to say it, but things that seem to work the
best are not always eco or human friendly...

Old solution will be all but useless... Simple Green is not the kind of solvent that you keep stored in the tank indefinitely ... use it and dump it.

I put stuff in my tank that won't come clean with a wire wheel, and they come out spotless. I just keep the fluid moving over the piece with the pump, and the flow takes it away. Plus it's safe to use and discard... Mineral Spirits on the other hand...

Mineral Spirits MSD sheet: http://www.sciencestuff.com/msds/C2135.html

In short...
Keep away from heat and ignition sources. Harmful if swallowed. Avoid breathing vapors. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothes. Wash thoroughly after handling. Keep container closed.

Mineral Spirits works great, I use to use it, I just don't anymore. If I had a shop where I had to keep a tank running all the time it might be different, but around the house... Simple Green.