Quote:

Quote:

Couple things...Its an 07, so its an emissions diesel, and really the first year for them.
Even though it's an '07, it still has the 5.9 so there aren't any emissions on it to worry about. That didn't start until they changed over to the 6.7 engines.

My 09 dodge came from the factory with 3.42 gears.but it was a 6.7. Also if Eric desides to turn the power up a little bit ,at the least I would recommend a after market torque converter and valve body.to bad they don't have a kit out to put a six speed in his o7 like I had in my 09. Nothing wrong with the 48RE I just never liked the big gear change from 3 to 4 gear.Eric that's one great looking truck and is the same color as my 09 was.that truck should last you a very long time.best of luck with it.mopar65

Two, its got the steeper 3.73 gears...
3.73's and 4.10's are the only options for a diesel starting in '03. You can't get 3.55's anymore like you could with the 2nd generation trucks.

Three, its an auto...
The 48RE's really aren't that bad. I prefer them over the G56 transmission any day. If you leave the power level stock you probably won't have many issues. If you are going to turn it up then you will need to look at upgrading it or it won't last long.

3520 pound race ready 1973 Street/Strip Dodge Dart - Stock stroke 440/727 10.49 @ 125.0 on 93 pump gas & ET Street Radials. More to come... ( SGT Miller) Proudly served 12 years in the US ARMY RESERVES support our troops