I have been trouble with my charging system. I have a 528 hemi with an Evans hemi engine harness. I'm using the brown wire that is for the factory idol solenoid to power the electric choke on my edelbrock carb could this be a problem? The car stopped charging after a little hard acceleration. It only showed 12.3 volts at the alternator stud and discharged badly with lights on. So I changed alternators for another rebuilt one and it worked good for 50 mi or so. Another rip threw the gears and no charge again. the first one only lasted a couple hundred miles are these rebuilds junk? The belts and brackets are fine. after the second incident the car sat a few hours at a car show and charged when we left then 20 miles into return trip it started again barley charging turn the lights on and then big discharge. Right before the second incident after the blast through the gears I heard a pheeew sound when letting off the throttle could a brush have flew apart or something? The car has an MSD 6al powered direct from the battery and ballast resistor bypassed. Evans forward lamp harness and a mopar black resto voltage reg could a weak ground on the reg give me these fits?

Last edited by HEMIDOG 70; 05/06/13 08:34 PM.