As mentioned in your other post.. 06 Ram 2500 4x4 Hemi, had decent power towing the 24' enclosed... Going up the big hills in the Sierra Mtn... or climbing up to Las Vegas, I could easily pull the trailer at 55-60 mph, but my foot was real close to being on the floor and the rpms were up around 5000...

The mileage is horrible.. in the city, stop light to stop light traffic, we're looking at about 9.5 mpg.. In the city and on the freeway,it was 10.5 - 11 mpg with an over all of 10 mpg.. Travelling mostly on flat freeway, with the truck completely empty, I think the best I ever got was 13-ish mpg..

The new truck is the 2012 2500 4x4 Cummins and that thing is awesome.. Loaded with work tools and weighing in at 9020 lbs... we're talking mid 8 seconds for a 0-60 mph.. enough grunt when towing the same 24' trailer to Vegas.. it laff'd at the same hills the Hemi struggled with.. and I think it downshifted once while on cruise control but that was at 70 mph..

From San Jose to Vegas and back, pulling the trailer, I think we averaged 14 mpg... with the truck completely empty we got 18 mpg.. Lastly with the truck loaded and all around city driving is a very nice 13 mpg...

Power, speed and increased mpg... what the hell was I thinking when I bought the Hemi...??