Ok, I've done some digging. I contacted Freak Show, PTC, Hughes and TCI for recommendations. Keep in mind that I told all of them that I was interested in street cruising, that I like to boil the tires on occasion and maybe take a RARE blast down the quarter just to see what it will do.

Recommendations I got:
Freak Show - 10" 3000 stall
PTC - 9.5" 2800-3200 stall
Hughes - 11" 2500 stall
TCI - 10" 3200 stall or 11" 2400 stall depending on what I intend to do with it...

Lane at PTC made the most sense to me. He said this TC would work well at highway speed, around town and really give me punch when I get on it. He is also Jiving with what Billy said earlier about tight for their size torque converters. He actually asked me what intake and carb I was using, which none of the others did.

But contrast that with Hughes, who recommended the 11" 2500 stall. Did this guy compromise on the high end performance to get me street manners?

The weird ball one was TCI. The dude gave me 10" 3200 stall Street Fighter as an answer. When I asked about the street manners of this TC he instantly said, "if you don't want one that loose, the next step down was a 11" 2400 stall Break Away model. It seems like a drastic drop, although after rereading Billy's post, maybe not.

Overall I am leaning toward the PTC but it's more pricy. I wish I could feel what the performance felt like before I buy. The terrifying thing is that I get such varied opinions. I talked to a guy trying to sell his 3000 stall unit. Had it behind a .500 mechanical cammed hemi and it was way too harsh for him. Talked to another old guy who builds race motors and he said anything higher than 2400 is nuts for my combo and I will be unhappy at 3000 stall for the poor street manners and the trans will toast because on the highway I will have to be going 60 mph to get a full lock.

Thanks for bearing with me. More thoughts? I also need a trans master rebuild kit if you guys have suggestions.

Thanks - Lindy

I’m listening.