Quote:

I had to do mine in two smaller batches because I wasn't very organized. If I would have had everything ready at the same time, I could have gotten every clear zinc plated part on the car done for $40.

I'm very organized with "all" my small parts to be zinc plated in a list so I know exactly where each one came from so that I can get each one back exactly where it belongs. However, $70 is the minimum charge in my area, and I have been reluctant to get started with a plating shop, because I know something will be overlooked, and I'll end up getting stuck for multiple minimum charges. Looks like the link above is just the ticket - my parts are cleaned and ready for plating. With the battery charger, I can do a convenient batch any time.

I already have Caswell's blue/clear, yellow, black, and olive drab chromates, so I'll be able to chromate with these colors too.

I'll bet the same set up will copper plate also, for the few copper plated parts, such as distributor clamp and some push type spring nuts.

I'll try the battery charger method soon and report back. One thing I wonder about is the motorcycle restorer never mentioned that plating occurs only on the side of an object that is facing the zinc anode, and you need several anodes around the perimeter to plate all sides of an object like a screw, nut, or washer. I understand parts with complex shapes are challenging to plate evenly all over. This is why zinc plated steel tubing is plated on the outside only.

If you don't see two dolphins, you need a vacation.