Hi guys!

This is the 3rd time Im having to remove my intake because it keeps sucking oil from the Valley area into the intake ports and then into the chambers, fouling the plugs with oil after a few minutes of running time....

I have checked proper alignment, bolt interference with the intake bolt holes, etc....face of intake is parallel with heads....so its not that the faces are crooked and not sealing right one against the other, they are nice and parallel whenI shim them and then I check them with a gauge on all 4 corners.

I have glued the head side of the gasket to the head with silicone, and I have left the intake side of the gasket with NO silicone, just some grease....but its still sucking oil.

Im sick of this so Im just gonna silicone both side of the gasket to assure a tight leakproof seal.

Now, my other concern is the torque Im applying to the intake bolts.

Richard Nedball's book asks for 25 ft-lbs torque on these bolts....but it sure looks like a lot to me. Its just 1/4" bolts threading into ALUMINUM cylinder heads.

I have just tightened them with a small socket wrench till I felt they were were tight enough, didnt want to overtighten them and risk stripping threads on my brand new ALUMINUM heads!!

Should I just go ahead and torque them at 25 lbs-ft??? Is it safe to do so on aluminum heads? Still it sound like a lot for such a small fastener threading into aluminum.