Quote:

Thinking about buying a RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4 with a 4.7 with auto. I don't do much hauling/towing but what would any of you say are the limitations of this engine? It does have a factory towing package. I live at over 3,000 feet above sea level and it does get rough here in the Winter. Also, I have an all steel 17' flatbed trailer rated at 12,000 lbs. I doubt this truck would be able to haul that kind of rated weight. Any thoughts on this too? Thanks!

Why considering the 4.7 over the hemi? are you talking new or used?

At altitude, I'd go with the hemi. That's a lot of truck for a 4.7, especially when you factor in thinner air. Plus, a hemi should have a little bit better resale. Mine has the 3.92 rear (and front ) and I think it's just about perfect. Just my opinion

if possible I would also suggest you not go with the performance rims (i.e. 20"), they are very wide with rather short sidewalls and are terrifying on snow. Go with the 17s or 18s with all season tall tires... better for nasty weather, and cheaper to replace... (and in my opinion, those enormous heavy rims hurt the ride)

Looking for 1975 through 1978 B body 4 door sedan sheet metal or parts cars - monaco, fury, coronet. Please let me know