Quote:

Does it sound like just one or maybe two lifters clacking or does it just sound a little noisey all over.
I ask because I remember in 1992 when I first saw the SFI magnum eng at the dealer I worked for I always felt the valvetrains were a little noisey. But they all sounded the same way just to me for new engines they seemed kinda noisey all thru the valvetrian. It was just normal for them as we had a few cust complain also. But if you can here just one lifter then I would check the one or two that are clacking. One other good thing we used at the dealer that worked good for a stuck noisey lifter was this stuff in a yellow bottle called "Valve medic" and it worked good for freeing up a stuck lifter. Ron

It's not really a clacking sound,more of a rattling growl if that makes sense. and yes it is noisy all over, It sort of sounds like a solid lift running just slightly loose. It's not loud enough that you can hear it six feet away with the hood closed, but open the hood and it gets your attention really quick. Like I said earlier I can adjust the noise out of it , but it don't want to run there. I've never heard of Valve Medic, I will check it out.