Quote:

Good point. I'm not willing to beat up any Mopar that is restorable....except for maybe a 4 door Aspen or Volare.

That is exactly why I defected to chevy and then ford when I was oval track racing. I couldn't see tearing up any more classic mopars. Learned a lot about suspension dynamics by dealing with the benefits and shortcoming of the other two brands too. However, with the repoping of Challenger bodies, it makes a good argument to get more classics into potentially destructive racing series.

Quote:

Just because a racer prefers to go straight doesn't mean they can't drive. http://bangshift.com/blog/watch-larry-di...ng-history.html

IMO, there was a lot more luck in that sequence than skill because for a few hundred feet, there was no driver control. Sure Dixon got it back into his lane after the fact to prevent further issues, but if not for the other car grenading their mill first, that could have turned out a whole lot different.

Quote:

I just can't get into the azz wagging non-race stuff.

Agreed. As long as there are "style" points involved, it is too similar to the subjectiveness of figure skating, regardless of the talent involved or the level of competition.