truck was registered as 1 ton (8510 gvw), but not high enough,truck is not currently registered. in order to legally tow trailer it has to be registered at +or- 14000-15000 lbs to cover curb weight of truck, passengers, fuel capacity and trailer weight and load on trailer. to do this the state requires as proof the vehicle is capable, a digital picture of the door jamb label and a photocopy of the page in the owners manual which shows towing capacity of my specific model. problem is Chrysler didnt start listing specific towing capacities until 86 or 87, before that it is really quite vague. purpose of post was to find someone with an 85 owners manual to verify how chrysler listed towing capacities for that year. I will know more tomorrow about what I cn do without a door jamb sticker and without the required info in an owners manual. The state of Pa used to go after just the commercial trucks and trailers and kind of ignored the guys towing racecars etc, they apparently have started pulling over everything with trailers and handing out some serious fines for not being registered at the appropriate GCVWR.