Quote:

So I just need a replacement canister.
I found some Standard Motor Products, VC-187 and VC-188. But what are the differences and are they adjustable? Will they fit the Mopar electronic dist?

the 187 starts advancing at 10.5 in hg, the 188 at 8 in hg. both are adjustable & fit the electronic dists. App is 72-73 440 & 74-78 440 in HD 3/4T trucks on the 187 & the 188 is listed for 74-78 Newport 440 & 75-76 3/4T trucks which none of that tells you anything meaningful cause we need the total advance each can offers which will be stamped on the arm in dist degrees. Either would very likely do you fine. If you could find out which one gave the most advance I'd get that one then tune it when you get it up & running. A comprehensive shop manual that covered those years would have dist info, degrees etc but I wouln't sweat it but it would be nice to have a basis to choose from rather than just guessing. Maybe someone has some info on whether the early or later one would have more advance. EDIT I called SMP & the guy looked on his computer & no info

Last edited by RapidRobert; 03/21/13 04:29 PM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth