Quote:

Quote:

Thinking about swapping my bigblock for a SB in my Dart, and I was wondering, how hard would it be to make between 450 and 500 horsepower with a stock stroke 318? What heads, intake and cam would be best..

292ci/273, Indy 360X heads ported by LaRoy, Edelbrock Super Victor 2815, big solid roller, 93 octane, 462 HP

Hah! Why...???

I mean, thats damn cool, i love screamers, but with all the stroker hype out there, why would someone build a 462HP 273...???

Personally, i'd love to see this thread grow into some good examples. I'm also thinking about a stock stroke 318 for my next engine, and it'd need over 400HP too. I was fantasizing about Magnums though...

That 360 Magnum magazine build-up linked in my 360/383 thread made 455HP with Edelbrock Magnum heads and the usual stuff. That'd be about 400HP with a 318 Magnum... and there was nothing tricky about that engine and no porting in the heads yet. I think 450HP would be pretty easy with the same combo plus bigger (but not stupid) cam, and some simple head porting? Hmmm...