I'm in the process of building a new 440 short block, and I plan on using a set of Indy-SR heads that I have on the motor that's currently in my car when I'm ready to install. The heads currently have springs for a flat tappet cam that are good for up to a .650" lift.
I know I'm going to have to switch springs and push rods if I make the switch to a roller lifter (either hydraulic or solid), but my question is this: If I go with a set of retro-fit roller lifters do I need any machine work done on the lifter bores? Secondly: If I go with a solid roller lifter what machine work do I need done on the lifter bores (I know that oiling can be a big problem)?
The lifter bores, themselves, measure real good, so there's no oversize bore issues.
Also, other than Comp Cams, who sells hydraulic roller cams? I'm looking for something with a lift greater than .550".
Thanks in advance for any help.

"When I'm in a slump, I comfort myself by saying if I believe in dinosaurs, then somewhere, they must be believing in me. And if they believe in me, then I can believe in me." - Mookie Wilson