Quote:

I would say first find out if that is an industrial motor or one that went in a car or truck. There might be differences that would keep some things from working with it.

I am completely unfamiliar with industrial 318s, but that is a possibility there could be differences. If it turns out to be a normal car/truck engine I would plan on replacing the valve springs since some have been sitting in a closed/compressed position for 26 years or so. An edelbrock performer 4 barrel intake and carter afb or tquad (AFB is easier to rebuild IMHO) can both be picked up cheap on ebay. Combined with an edelbrock performer cam (match springs to cam) or summit racing equivalent would be a great motor in a light car for not a lot of money.

Just noted you said four speed. You'll need to check out the pilot bushing bore in the end of the crank to make sure it will work with your 4 speed input shaft. It may not be finish machined for one, or in the case of my 360 it was drilled too far off center, in that case you'll have to pull the crank and take it to a machine shop. Or cut a small amount off the input shaft and use a conversion pilot bushing that sits in the torque converter bore area.