Let's just assume you are running 10.8's at best. You have other obligations that keep you from going buck wild like the rest of us. You race about half a dozen races a year.

In this rare case.... Buy a basic 5 point just to clear the rules. S&W, Chris Alston, Competition Engineering all have these kits. They will come with a main hoop that will go in your car. It will come with rear down bars that you will make you scratch your head for days trying to figure where you want to run them. The door bar is pretty obvious. Bolt in the 6"X6" plates because you don't want to do anything you can't undo. Then read the rule book and realize you now either have to run two bars to your frame connector or rear sub frame OR weld a brace from rocker up to the plate under the main hoop. If that main hoop can't handle the weight of another car on it you do not have it properly braced.

Cost $400 and some laber and a life experience. For about $2,000 you can have a really nice chrome moly cage that fits your car like a glove installed with a 9.99 and faster window net. There are tons of guys now who do awesome jobs for this price. I have done a few and can't see how people make money doing it. Oh I know why I can't leave well enough alone. I have to remake their frame connectors fit the interior. Replace the roof skin because they now realize there is no other way to get rid of the sunroof. Cut the junk cage someone else put in out. Then if it is to ever get raced, finish it then drive it for them.

Oh what were we talking about???

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.