I still use the old torque method on all my racing stuff, but have been using the bolt stretch method for about 30 years at work. No doubt that the stretch method is the best, but think most of you guys are worrying way to much about it, you just need to stretch the bolt the required amount, no need to worry about how many times, ect. You do want to use good lube ect so you dont damage threads trying to stretch the bolt. We have some bolts we use a special miccrometer to measure length, some a indicator setup to check lenth, and then some we use a hydrotourqe wrench and just pull bolt so many pounds, then just hand tighten the nut. I've rechchecked the hydratorqued bolts and the pounds method is allways allways right on on stretch. We mainly though use that method on studs, headbolts, main studs, main crossbolts, ect. I'd use some of this equipment at home on my car, but its all way to big. The stretch method works just fine, really the most accurate, but if you have good threads, and use the correct lube, torqueing is just fine.