Quote:

Quote:

1969 was the last year for a 273 and they did come in Dart GT convertibles. I have never seen an "F" code (318) Dart with a "D" code (273) installed from the factory, and I have owned dozens of them (no joke). The breakdown of all Darts are widely known. The Dart convertible only came in 2 flavors for 1969, GT and GTS. There were 1,837 Dart GT convertibles made and 417 Dart GTS convertibles made. The 318 4-speed is one rare puppy and IS a desireable car. I even had a 68 Dart 270 4-door with a 273 4-speed with factory A/C for awhile, so lots of unique Darts were made. That is an example of a rare but not desireable Dart, the one you are looking at IS rare and desireable! If it were a factory 3-speed, then there was only ONE made! Maybe not totally desireable, but I would LOVE to find that one!

So my Dad went backwards when he built my Moms old car- It was a 69 GTS vert clone built off a 318/833 GT, It was red with white top and int and the parts donor was a low mile 69 GTS HT that had some severe cancer.

As far as I know it's still around in the N. KY/Ohio area, My Dad had got a call about it in '03 when it changed hands and I saw it at the nats in the mid 90's.

Well, out of the 31 1969 GT vert with 4spd's three are accounted for in this thread alone!

IMHO, the GTS clone is worth about the same as if restored to it's original GT status. Maybe even more? Opinions?