Quote:

Moparts at the Strip in March in Vegas meets all your criteria.... and yet each year it gets smaller and smaller...

I dont get it..

For me it's easy to understand: When I purchased my Dually in 2002 diesel was 10 cents less than regular. Now it's 20 cents MORE than super. Like a 70 cent swing. Used to you'd hit the swap meet and pick up good used parts for 50 cents on the dollar. Now people want retail/new for debris they've dug up out of their yard.

And lastly, the racers themselves are their own worst enemies. The two I've had to deal with are the ones who think the rules should apply to everyone but them, they somehow believe themselves to be "special" and because we're "buddies" I should feel bad for saying no. My grandkids don't pout as good.

Try and organize a race and have racers tell you, more than once "OH, YOU BET! I'LL BE THERE WITH ALL MY CARS!"
Went to a track manager once with a promise of between 25-30 cars. And had 6 show up. No "I broke it" "I'm sick" "conflict" "lost me mojo" NOTHING. It's a wonder some track owners get pissy.

No help me off my high horse, my back hurts...............

7593059-LittleBeach.jpg (20 downloads)

If You Can't Be Good, At Least Be Colorful