Quote:

Do you already have the ultrabell , they aren't cheap.

Sounds like your BB transmissions are cores , ignore the insane prices you see listed by the parts scalpers in the parts section here , BB CORE transmissions aren't worth that much unless you have some obscure number trans for a Hemi or 6pk application and even then ....

If you don't have the ultrabell yet it will be cheaper to get a new driveshaft with 7290 joints than to use a driveshaft that may only have 7260 joints in it now . Plus you have a spare trans , you aren't going to stick a stock 904 that was behind a 318 behind a big block and have it live for very long unless you drive like an old lady .

i think an ultrabell is like 350 right?a 727 will bring me at least 50 bucks from just scrap aluminum plus 150 saved on a driveshaft .i have an extra smallblock 727 i could chuck as well.i have 4 904 including one that has a broken bellhousing after it was removed.on craglist im betting the trannies i have will bring 100/75 each.

it would be nice to not marry myself to the big block 727 case while im still figuring this all out.when you need one they are a pain to find and for all i know the two i have are junk a 904 from the jyd is 50 plus tax and come with a 30 day garantee.i cant see braking the small driveshaft with an open rear and street tires.

i have another question-i i get an ultra bell am i now married to a 904 or will they work on a 727 as well?