Quote:

Quote:

imho unless you're willing to drop BIG bucks on books, braswell or the like you're better off just buying a new holley that hasn't been molested. holley has been upgrading their product in recent years and the gen3 is supposed to be released soon. too may carburetors have been ruined by being "improved".

Maybe I've been lucky, but the APD's have been flawless and the Nuyten worked out well for what it was designed for. I have heard however, that the new Holleys are nice OTB.

i guess my point is that most guys would be better off buying an unmolested holley right from the start. not that the companies you mentioned can't or won't deliver a good product but from a cost/benefit ratio there are usually other places the money is better spent.

it would be nice to see a direct comparison between the carbs you mentioned and a properly sized/tuned holley shelf carb. by tuned i mean minor jet/calibration changes.

afaik the gen 3 ultra dominators haven't been released yet...neither summit or jegs show the PNs. incidentally it looks like holley has upped the ante as their showing some carbs with 2.02" & 2.1" venturis, both having 2.35" throttle bores and flowing 1350 & 1475 CFM respectively. the gen 3s are also taller to improve the throat entry, be interesting to see how they work out.