I took a 5 speed out of a 95 dakota four banger that I bolted to a neon dohc 2.0, and while I had the truck for disasembly, I measured the frame, and it was the same width under the cab as my 69 low rider I have in my shop, which also has a 78 front stub weldsed in, under the cab. That same measurement under the cab is the same as my 95 ram's frame. The rear axle was the same width as my 69, which has a 74 8 3/4 out of a d100 in it.
So I cut the front stub out of that dakota, and I am welding it into my 65 shorty, so I can have rack and pinion and disc brakes. I am also using this 4 cylinder 5 speed combo in that truck. Gonna be sweet. Motor did bolt up, had to grind some on the block for the starter to clear, but other then that it bolted up. I used a 97 neon dohc engine. But I think they are all the same.
I find it funny they used the same blue prints over and over, evn from a full size down to the dakota, and all the way back from 61 to 2003, have yet to measure all the points on the 04 and ups. The front frame rail width under the radiator did change alot though.