My son Matt (whiskyrunner) is 24 and made his first 12 second pass in my ex-wifes belly. I swear he goes to sleep watching our old Norwalk Halloween Classic tapes every night. If he has 5 dollars in his pocket he would rather spend it toward racing than he would eating.

My younger son Ethan (20) came to the track once last year with a couple of his Friends. Claims he would like a nice street car but wants one of mine instead of putting some effort toward his own.
Love them both very much but with Matt involved in the sport we spend a lot more time together and at that age time together is "premium time"
Matt totally rebuilt his 360 last year by himself including using mics and bore gauges to check all clearances, file fitting his rings, checked spring pressures, spring heights, shimmed, and assembled his heads, installed it in the car and ran 10.50's in his Duster the first weekend out with the car.
Enjoy your time together with him Ted. Its good for both of you and may keep him from getting in trouble from hanging around with the wrong crowd.
Now all I have to do this Summer is get the boat in the river so the 3 of us can enjoy a sport that all of us enjoy. (fishing)

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time