Quote:

I thought it was 12 inches total. I still have more aluminum line, but it would be hard to get the total ruber line down to 6 inches. I bet I could do it with less than 12 inches with the addition of a bit more aluminum hardline and a few more clamps, but that seems worse than what I have.

It's a just bit more $ to replace these lines with braided stuff or braided pushlock, which is no doubt better, but I'm not going to any NHRA tracks with this car.

This is a street car that may see very occasional time on a road course with minimal tech inspections.

The whole reason I went this route instead of the custom baffled fuel tank route was lower cost and better EFI fuel system performance with less than a full tank of fuel.

Oops...your right, it's 12" for NHRA (I double checked)....and I'm not saying anything bad at all about the way you did it. I have a sumped and baffled aluminum Hot Rod Shop tank myself....but I needed a new tank anyways due to rust and it was only like $350 or so. It isn't for EFI....so I bought a Bosch 044 external inline pump and will just mount it as low as possible. I was just considering the idea of making my front mounted Nitrous enrichment fuel tank into a surge tank, but it has a o-ringed screw cap and was worried that it would leak if pressurized.....but I think I'm going to skip the surge tank since my tank is baffled and sumped.