Quote:

I usually have to check all the bolts in my car after making a run at SIR.... kind of like making a quarter pass down a washboard country road! Terrible pit area and there idea of track prep is maybe sweeping off the large rocks at the starting line, and another thing....well I was going to have fun with this, but all my experiences at SIR, be it a few years ago, have been nothing but positive. Nice smooth long 1/4, great pit area and facilities. Only pitfall is having to put up with Bill and Matt, but the great facility still makes it worth putting up with those two! I too miss the Mopar Shootouts that Dennis Maurer used to put on. Good times for sure.

I certainly hope Speedworld finds a way to survive. The facility as a whole has come a long ways over the years. Great family oriented fun from the RC car track, RC airdrome, moto X track, and drag strip. Way things are going I'll have Vegas, and that's about it. Everything else is a 6hr+ pull.

I sure wish I could still fit into all my Mopar Shootout T-shirts!
Then I could gloat when people asked me why my name was on the front. LOL

I look forward to seeing you at the track in your new ride!
Call me an optimist - but I don't think we'll end up losing our tracks anytime soon. (fingers crossed)