Quote:

Quote:

I believe that 72 duster is the same car that Bill Bagshaw put the Famous 511 horse Car Craft 440 in. That car was basically a backed halfed (or severely narrowed) well-sorted race car.....no wonder it hooked and ran the ET'd it did

Thank you....... Makes a difference for sure.

Bagshaws car was a 74 Duster. The DC car and MP car was a 75 or so the article states.

There were indeed two different combos from the DC tests and the Mopar engine manuel tests.

DC tests installed the cams straight up and the MP tests installed every cam 2* advanced. The slick size also was different, one a 9" slick the other a 10" One had stock steel heads the other stage 4,s One weighed 3200# the other 3050#

These two cars both used a 8.25 rear end, and I doubt they were backhalved with that axel.

Bagshaws car did use 32" slicks so it was semi backhalfed or so I would assume. Bagshaws car weighed 3100# with the 440ci 509/511 HP tests, 10.82 ET.

With Editorial typos, Bagshaw could of ended up with the DC/MP car. The original DC car used a production vert, and I think Bagshaw used a 4500 vert.

Last edited by Sport440; 01/10/13 02:33 AM.