Quote:

Installed and torqued heads on my 383 last week using composite head gaskets. I need to remove the heads to do some work on the valves. Can I reuse the gaskets since the engine hasn't been run?

I've reused the Fel Pro 8519PT composite head gaskets on more than one motor after dyno testing them. I've pulled the heads and oil pan to look at the piston flame travel and check the rod and main bearings, go for it I have a SB Chevy motor in the shop right now that has a special set of Fel Pro head gaskets that require a .010 deep reciever groove in the heads for the lockring wire in the head gaskets, this motor has a 6:71 roots blower on it and is street driven. I had the heads cut to raise the mechanical compression ratio from 7.5 to 8.3 to 1, that removed the original receiver groove and the shop that did that work didn't machine them back in. I didn't notice that it had them originally, long story on this minor rebuild I took them back off after reading the instruction that come with the head gaskets to get them machined, I sure hope the gaskets work correctly now

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)