Quote:

The rule due NOT require two layers of metal on the doghouse cover. But there is a difference in which fire suit/gloves/shoes the driver must wear if aluminum is used, depending on speed and if power adders or alcohol fuel is used.

And while not in the rule book, I highly advise against any foam sound deadener. Burning plastic foam is similar to Napalm.

Depending on how you configure the engine cowling, it may be difficult to pass tech with a motor relocated into the drivers compartment.

Again depending on how it is built, it may need to be classified as an exhibition vehicle.

I know this guy was having issues a few years back.

Scott

The two-layer idea is just my thought from a heat and sound issue. If alum is a problem .. then I would stick to steel... ISN'T there a foam-type insulation material that is considered "fire-proof"?

Configuring the cowling (doghouse) ?

That chopped top Caravan ? ... I talked to one guy that had worked on it with the owner .... THAT ONE had a solid-mount rear axle and the driver sat IN FRONT of the engine. IIRC .. he ran it in Bracket 1 ... 11.50 or so.

ALL I want is a driver .. that will surprise a few Corvettes and Mustangs ... and I honestly prefer keeping the top OEM.

What issues did you hear he had?