Quote:

Impressive numbers. One thing I do not understand: The streetHemi with all the good parts inside made 490 in torque, the 440 magnum had 480, some GM 455 engines had around 500, this was SAE in the 70's (Which were known to be optimistic). Then this example is 20% more in dynoed torque, at almost the same swept volume and a tad more CR. Can it be correct? What have I missed? Are the Stealths like supercharging an engine? Do the 451 light weight pistons matter at 2000 rpms? Please explain, I am really interested in how this can be done, as a 523 stroker I built some years ago with 11,7:1, 590 cam, M1 intake + 1050, and ported St6 heads barely made 600 lbsft. I am building a 400 stroker for my driver with 6 speed manual transmission, and will try to aim for some mileage as our gas is on the world's cost peak.....
Thanks,
Oyvind Mopar

I bought a brand new Hemi Coronet 500 in 1966, it ran low 14's @ 100 MPH. My Charger runs in the high 11's @ 115. The difference lies in many things, like lightweight pistons, narrow rings, and a much greater attention to detail regarding friction reduction than Ma Mopar ever thought of back in the 60's. Don't forget that the lift of the roller cam is better and the rate of rise is much better. I don't think the Stealth heads are a huge improvement over my old iron 452's, but I wanted to get quench and the aluminum heads allow a higher CR. If you use Comp's cam selection site and input fuel economy as a priority, this is the cam it selects. That's not how I arrived at this cam choice, but it confirmed my thinking. Remember, most of my driving is only on the center carb.
Fuel economy is in the right shoe.

68 Charger 451 / 518 65 Cuda 273 / 833 04 Cummins 2500 2WD 02 Grand Caravan